Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Out on a Limb Part 2


I'm almost done all the foliage for my piece now. Just one more little leave on the right, and then some tweaking throughout (but after I'm done the blossoms), just to make sure its balanced. The fragile heart blossoms will be my biggest challenge in this piece, and hence - like everything else that it hard - I leave it for last.

I'm not 100% sold on the pink that I have mixed up so far, but I will let it rest for a day or so and look back at it to see if I'm going to change it or not.

For those who might be interested, this is my palate for this piece:
  • Zinc White
  • Cadium Yellow
  • Alizarin Red
  • Phthalo Blue
  • Cerulean Blue
It is quite a limited palate (for my experience, where I use so many different colours in my acrylics and watercolours at times). But the oil colours are just so vibrant and really shine through.

For more posts on this piece, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment